Friday, May 30, 2008

Dollar Find Friday! (Friendship Seed Basket)

Sorry today's post is so late! I procrastinated (what's new??) a little on finishing my project for today. But here it is!

Friendship Seed Basket


Supplies-
Wooden basket ($1 at Michael's)
Filler (I think that this was $1 at walmart)
Prima flowers
Ribbon
Acrylic paint
Paint brush
Seed packets (you can find the template for this HERE)







Step 1- Paint wooden basket with acrylic paint


















Step 2 (optional)- Ink edges of basket. I like to do this because I think that it adds a little depth.
















Step 3-
Decorate with ribbon and prima flowers. I used brads in the middle of my flowers and then glued rhinestones on top of the brads.













Finished project! I made a card to go with this project so it could be used as a gift basket.

So what do you think?











Hope that you all have a wonderful weekend!

11 comments:

Lorraine said...

I love your Dollar Find Fridays! I get my retail therapy at $ stores. It's amazing how you can get so much for so little and make it look so good!

Stampinsilvia said...

This is just too cute! The recipient will LOVE it! Thanks for sharing your super cute stuff...I lvoe the dollar store too!

Anonymous said...

Wow what a great project and thrifty too. It's very cute!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Ohhhhhhhhh! I am in LOVE!!! ;0) You are fabulous; LOVE your work. Thank you so much for sharing the template for this. (My Nana whom I'll make these for thanks you too!) :0)

Alyssa S said...

This basket is too cute! Thanks for sharing!

dawnmercedes said...

the handle is so lovley!

Anonymous said...

I always look forward to your Dollar Find Friday. No disappointment with this one either! Super cute, and a great gift for just about anything!

Anonymous said...

I think it is just adorable. sweet gift idea!

dawnmercedes said...

Tag...you're it! Check out my blog for info!

Lesly said...

This is really cute. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

oh so clever and wonderfully created!
TFS, I can't get to the template though, it keeps wanting a password..any help?
thanks!