Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Stretching my comfort zone....

I am really trying to work out of my comfort zone so that I can grow as a stamper. I don't usually use bright colors in my designs but I wanted to experiment a little bit so I picked out the brightest colors of my image to use as my background colors. I love those colors together but I'm not sure if it works with this image or not, what do you think? The "table" that I used for my flowers is actually part of a window stamp by DRS designs. I love how well it worked!


Supplies: Stamps-DRS Designs window, Blooming with love, PTI limitless labels. Paper-Non SU blue, white, Real red, Summer sun, basic black. Ink- black stazon. Accessories- copic markers, brads, dimensionals, cuttlebug.



11 comments:

KOstvig said...

love the brght colors great job withthe sketch I lov ethe table great touch....

Etha said...

Now that is a clever use of the window stamp!! Great out of comfort zone colors :)

Nikki Bond said...

I'm right there with you with the whole bright color issue...but I LOVE how your card turned out! It's so cheerful and really gorgeous! Sometimes it pays off to work outside your comfort zone! {SMILES}

Amanda said...

You are BRAVE to try things outside your zone. Usually when I do this -- then end up in the bin. LMBO! Anyway, this is fun! You did awesome!!!

Tracy said...

I love your bright colors! It is so happy! I used to be an Earth Elements girl only, and then I somehow became a Bold Brights fan! It's fun once you get used to it!

Anonymous said...

The colors are great...I think it is good that you got out of your comfort zone. Love the cuttlebug!

Lori Barnett said...

What awesome bright colors! I always love the bright stuff during the summer :)

specialcraftmom4 said...

Great card! I love this sketch (:

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

Love this cheerful card! Makes me smile.:- ) Elizabeth Bead Diva

Anonymous said...

Great job with the bright colors.I need to get out of my "zone" too.Very cheerful.
Marie H

Jess said...

Love the bright colors, and it is so strange to see a card without your signature corners!!! But I like it!