Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!

I got a very sweet early present from Matt for Valentine's Day, he stamped with me!! We sat together making Valentines for the girls and it was so cute watching him trying to figure out what the heck he was doing lol! He is such a great husband and father and definitely a keeper :)

In this picture he is working hard on coloring a chocolate box on the inside of Kayla's card. He wanted to start by using my Copic markers but I told him that he wasn't quite ready for the big guns yet lol! So for his first card he colored with watercolor crayons and a blender pen.



For his second card I explained how I mostly used a black ink pad if it is a line image so that it can be colored in. He told me that we wanted the edges of his card to be "decorated" and it took me a few guesses before I realised that he wanted some nesties lol! So I cut some out for him and even let him try the copics on this one :)

He calls this card his pin wheel card. I was pretty impressed with his first real go at stamping! Do you think that Splitcoast is ready for it's first Dirty Guy??? :)

And here are the mini Valentines that I made for the girls to put in their little mailboxes. It's hard to tell, but I put sparkle on each of them. They are pretty simple but I know that the girls are going to love them.
Well, I hope that you all have a wonderful day today!

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

Okay, how sweet is that?! Your hubby stamping with you...and doing a FABulous job!!! Dirty Guy...that cracks me up and you know what? I think it is a spectacular idea!!! I ♥ your sweet 'lil valentines....

Lynette said...

Great cards - both of you!!! That is awesome. My husband did that for me for my birthday last year - he stamped a card for me, while I was next to him finding him what he wanted. Very special!

Unknown said...

Wow! I'm very impressed, Matt! I love all the cards, especially the 3rd one!
The mini cards are really cute, too!
Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Christi Flores said...

Go Matt!! I *wish* Todd would do something like that with me! Dirty Guy!!! ROFL!! I love it!! Everything is fantastic!! Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Gabby said...

Awww Jess...I am so jealous! You go Matt! Fantastic job on your cards dude! Love the "spinner"!!! I have to try to convince my DH to stamp with me...even if it's just once. Happy V-Day to you all!!!

DIAMONDFLOWERS said...

AWE! so sweet! He is definitely a keeper! Can't believe this is his first time stamping! EXCELLENT JOB!

Diane said...

I'm speechless! GREAT cards, Matt! I love all of them. In fact, I think they're better than mine! I'd love to know how you did the swirly hearts on the 3rd card. I think he should apply for the "Dirty Guy" (or whatever you have to do)!! Maybe he can start his own group!! :-)

Kelli Hull said...

How the heck did you do that Matt???? That "pinwheel" is TOTALLY cool, and the tracks leading up to the stamped image...

Jessica QUIT BEING STINGY WITH THE COPICS, if he likes them perhaps he will buy some.... wink wink!

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Oh Jess what a wonderful memory making moment. What a wonderful husband and father that man is.

I do think we are very ready for a Dirty Guy why not equality for all right...lol. Maybe he can also be one of your guest designers!!! I am sure your girls loved their cards and even more important their Mom and Dad spent some wonderful time together.

Love You
Debbie