Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I need to go to an embellishment class!

Sorry for such a late post today! It's been one of those days. I sat down and started this card hours ago but it just wasn't looking right to me. I'm sure that you've noticed that I'm not a huge embellishment user. Not because I don't like them, I just don't know how to use them lol! And because I don't really know how to use them, I don't buy them so my "stash" is very low. I know, I know... I need to experiment more and get comfortable with them :)

But for today you guys are going to have to settle for my simple no embellishment kinda card ;)
For this card I used the new set Tweeterpated. This is such a great set and it has so many different possibilities! I love how this cute little chick looks in the egg. I paper pieced the chick and egg and added a little bit of color to the chicks wings/tail feathers and beak. All of the DP are from a SU hostess benefit from last year.

See you tomorrow for Stampbook Wednesday!


5 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Jessica - I think your card looks super cute without any embellishment!!! But I know what you mean...it's also hard to choose the right stuff...:)!!!

Regardless - keep those awesome cards coming!!! Hugs ~S~

Joanne (jojot) said...

now....isn't it funny how we all look at things differently.....I always look at your cards and love the clean, focused design without even noticing any lack of embellishments...your cards are fine just the way they are...truly

Gabby said...

Sometimes no embellishments make a card perfect! I sometimes tend to over-do myself with embellishments...it's like a sick fetish or something...but your cards are GORGEOUS without!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I think this is perfect the way it is!! Totally cute girlie!!

Jenny Gropp said...

way cute! that little chick does not need anything else to take the attention away from his CUTENESS!