Monday, April 13, 2009

Playing with metal and WIR Winner!

When I saw that today's SCS challenge was to incorporate a soda can, I was intrigued. Then I checked out the gallery and saw that people were using their die cutting machine to cut out different shapes. How cool is that? I was a little worried that it might be difficult to cut through the can but it really wasn't. I took a sharp knife to poke through the can and then used my kitchen scissors to cut the rest out.
For Kylie's birthday I got her a Cuttlekids so that she can make cards with mommy. We haven't had the chance to use it yet but I thought that I would try out some of her cute flower dies. You know, to make sure they work ;). I colored them with my Copic markers and attached them to the card using dimensionals. The sentiment is from Tweeterpated and the flower is from Cupcake Mix & Match.


I'm going to give this card to one of my favorite cousins who turns 22 today. On the inside I'm going to write "The flower on the front is made of metal so that you can use this card as a weapon in case of emergencies" lol!


Here is this weeks WIR Winner:

Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:16
Timestamp: 2009-04-13 17:30:30 UTC

Comment # 16: Dell Richards said...
Jessica, I hope your Easter was awesome! These cards are fantastic!

Congratulations Dell! Let me know which card you would like and that will be sent out to you :)

7 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is adorable! I never thought about coloring them with Copics. Now if I just had a soda.....
LeAnne

Joanne (jojot) said...

I love how you used the dies with this.....there is a sweet simplicity to this beauty

Connie M. said...

Wow! This is so pretty, Jessica! Love that flower!

Silli said...

Your card is svery pretty. I love the flower and the paper! Great work! Hugs from Silke

Dell said...

What a great idea with the soda can Jessica! Love that card!

Wow! I didn't realize I won the WIR until I got to the bottom. Thanks so much! Now I have to go pick the one I want. That is going to be so hard.

Candy said...

I have seen some of the other girls projects about the metal challenge.
Yours is the best so far! Great idea and love your work on it.
I have signed up for your blog updates and have been seeing all of your work. Love what you do.

Kelli Hull said...

Super cute card and CONGRATS TO DELL!!!!! LOL **sigh** maybe NEXT week!!!!! :)