Friday, May 22, 2009

Dollar Find Friday (Jessica-girl picture frame)

Happy Friday everyone! I am looking forward to this weekend so much. We are expecting beautiful weather and I'm sure we will have lots of outdoor adventures :)

First on the list for today- this week's TSG challenge!

Because Jodi has made me read these darn books that I just can't seem to put down, I had her come up with this week's challenge so I could sneak in a few more pages ;) She chose to do a color challenge using these colors-

Rose Red
Apricot Appeal
Chocolate Chip

If you would like to play along here are some simple tips-

1. Attach a photo of your card/project in your reply to the challenge thread as well as a link to your project in either your blog or gallery.

2. If uploading your card to a gallery, please use the keyword tsg07

3. There is NO time limit to this challenge and you are welcome to participate at any time and add your card/project to the thread!

4. You do not have to use TSG stamps to participate in the challenges but if you have some, we would love to see them used!
Tonight is also the Friday Night Chat! I have started the thread here and you are free to stop in at any time during the day. The actual chat times are from 7-9 both Eastern and Pacific time so if you would like to stop by and chat with us we would love it! Anyone is welcome :)

********************************
Ok, now on to the Dollar Find Friday project!

I have had these picture frames for quite a while now and they have been begging to be altered. Today I'm going to show you how I altered Chloe's frame.

Supplies-
Frame ($1 at Michaels)
Acrylic Paint
White Tissue Paper
Stamps (I used the smallest flowers from the set Flowers Of Happiness)
Ink Pads
Modge Podge
Foam Brush
Aleen's Glue
Rhinestones
Stardust Gelly Roll Pen
Step 1- Take out the frame back and plastic picture protector and paint. The wood absorbs the paint pretty quickly but if you are impatient like me, you can always use your heat gun to speed up the process ;) Just be careful that the pain is not to thick or the heat may cause it to bubble.
Step 2- Trace the shape of your frame onto the tissue paper (with pencil) and stamp your images. I used Pretty In Pink and Regal Rose. Trim around the outside of your pencil line and you can go back and erase the lines if they are too noticeable.Step 3- Add a thin layer of Modge Podge on the front of the frame. Carefully lay your tissue paper on top and gently smooth out any wrinkles or bubbles. Now go back and make little slits along the excess tissue paper hanging over the edge. Add another thin layer of Modge Podge to the sides of the frame and gently smooth the tissue paper over the edge. Let dry. I didn't even try to use my heat gun for this. The thought of glue and burning tissue paper was enough to divert me. It didn't take long though because I used just a thin layer of the Modge Podge.
Step 4-I added some sparkle with my Stardust Gellyroll pen and then some rhinestones. I added my picture and put the frame back together. All done! How cute is this frame?? Now I need to make Kylie's and Kayla's frames ;)Well, I hope you guys enjoyed today's project!

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!!

1 comment:

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Jess this project is off the charts of cuteness!!! I love the shape, color, bling and of course the pictures. Great job with this challenge. Hope you have an awesome weekend.