Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Stampbook Wednesday!

Sorry for the late post today! I was working on this page until after midnight last night but I just couldn't quite get it the way I wanted so I decided to sleep on it and finish in the morning.

I made this Stampbook page for Kylie's teacher (who she loves so very much). I used this card by Maki as my inspiration but changed the colors and instead of using DP on the bottom panel, I stamped images from Act Of Kindness to make my own DP.
Last night I was having trouble deciding whether or not I wanted to add the plant/leaf images by the words (which were stamped using the set A-Z & 123 and grid block) but when I when I started working on it again this morning, I knew just what I wanted to do! First I stamped the images in Chocolate Chip then I added some sparkle with a stardust gellyroll pen and topped it off with a thin layer of Diamond Glaze. I had a little issue with the glaze "bleeding" out of the lines so I carefully cleaned it up with the tip of my paper piercer as it was drying to make sure that the lines stayed clean and crisp. In Maki's card, she used dew drop type embellishments above her sentiment but I knew that wouldn't work for this project because I wanted this to be able to fit in a frame so I improvised. I used my hole punch to punch out three circles in Soft Sky paper, glued them down, added sparkle and then topped it off with the glaze. It has the same great effect but without the thickness of the dew drops.

Hmmm... I think that's everything :) Have a great day everyone!!

4 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is gorgeous Jessica!! What a cutie pie!!

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome page, Jessica! Love the colors. So calming.

Debby said...

Jessica Kylie is gorgeous as is your scrap page! Incredible!

Unknown said...

Love it! Love it!! Love it!!!
The stamped background and the border are FAB-O!! Now it's my turn to case your creation, lol.