Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday and a chat!

it out to find about the great sale going on at the TSG website!*

Hi everyone and happy Friday! I am so happy to let you guys know that there is going to be a Friday Chat tonight :) It feels like it has been such a long time since we've had one and I having lots of catching up to do!

I have set up the chat thread here. The chat will be from 6-8 PM Pacific Time (9-11 Eastern Time) but feel free to stop in through out the day to say hi!

With all of this gorgeous weather we have been having, I am so missing the beach. Since I am unable to go to the real thing, I will have to improvise and throw a tropical beach party instead :)
The challenge this week is going to be an inspiration challenge from the website Touch Of Class. You are to choose a piece from their Tropical Art collection to use as inspiration for a card/project. Please visit the challenge post on the TSG forum so you can add a link to your project for all of us to see! If uploading your project to an online gallery, please use the keyword TSG12.
For my card, I chose this piece for inspiration. I love the bright colors and as soon as I saw the words "Tiki Time" I knew exactly what I wanted to do. All of the images in the Life's A Beach set are so much fun to put together :) The images are stamped on white paper, colored with a blender pen and ink, and cut out. I stamped the frame image on the nestie layer and drew the sand in with a Copic multiliner. I assembled all of the images where I wanted them and got started on the card base. I used my CropODile to set eyelets in each of the corners and then threaded twine through them. I love the rustic look of twine!

I hope that you all have a wonderful and safe weekend. Happy stamping!

4 comments:

NinaB said...

This sounds like fun. I'll try to play with the challenge!

Crystal said...

What a fun card!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is fabulous!! Love it...it is so relaxing!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

Awww sorry I missed the chat-would have loved to hang out w/ my girls Jessie and Jodi! Oh well-hope to catch you next time!!! Beautiful card!