Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I'm melting!

One of my favorite things about living in Washington is that we are able to enjoy all four of the seasons and they are relatively mild for the most part. It's perfect for me because I don't do hot and I don't do cold :) So you can imagine how I must have felt when I saw this on my rear view mirror thermometer....
You have got to be kidding me! I live in WA not Arizona and I'm pretty sure I didn't get the memo that it was possible to get this hot here lol! It was so warm that Matt and I decided to take the girls for an evening swim at the river. At seven last night it was still in the mid 90's! It felt great to swim in the cool water and lower our body temps. just a little bit.

I was able to do a little stamping this morning before my craft room turned into a sauna ;) I made this card for today's color challenge which was to use Pixie pink, Apricot appeal and Certainly celery.
I used the just released set Spread Your Wings. The butterflies are colored with Prismacolor pencils, blended with OMS and sparkled up from a Stardust Gelly Roll pen. The card still needs a little something but I wasn't sure what so I just stopped before I over did it. I love all the white with the Apricot appeal, it gives such a light and airy feeling :)
Have a great day everyone! It is only supposed to get hotter over the next couple of days so wish me luck that I make it through ok ;)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how you decorated the card with using the frosted card base, Jessica!! Very pretty!!

I guess you don't want to come to Texas this time of the year, lol.
Don't sweat so much, girlfriend :)

Anita said...

Beautiful card! Sorry to hear that it is so hot for you.

Katie Skiff said...

Great job on the card...I love the frosted blanks!!

Look at those batheing beauties! LOL... It was only supposed to be in the mid 70s today but was well over 80 by noon. Yuck. As we say in MT, wait 10 minutes and the weather will change!

Julie said...

Very cute card, Jessica! And look at those girls! How adorable! :)

Debi said...

I live in Western Washington so I know what your talking about! It's crazy hot! Beautiful card.

Judy McMullen said...

I'm in Federal Way, WA so know what you mean about the weather. I live most of the year in Arizona so my DH said yesterday "We came to Washington. why? At least we had air conditioning there!" LOL

Beautiful card. Loved the color combination!