Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Stampbook Wednesday!

Welcome to another Stampbook Wednesday! Sorry for the late post today. I am so happy to finally be home surrounded by all of my toys so I can stamp again :) It feels like it has been forever since I've done a Stampbook Page and I've got some catching up to do. Especially since I have a ton of new pictures from the last few weeks that are just waiting to be put to use!

What is a Stampbook Page? A Stampbook Page is a scrapbook page created using stamps and inspired by a card. Each week I create a new Stampbook Page to give you ideas on how to use your stamps in a new way and hopefully inspire you to catch up on those family photos that you've been meaning to scrapbook ;)

This week's Stampbook Page was inspired by this gorgeous card made by our new Guest Trendsetter Sandra. Her watercoloring is absolutely breathtaking and she has inspired me to practice this technique. Unfortunately this just doesn't seem to be a talent I have lol!















I loved her idea of drawing a wood frame to surround her main image so that is what I did for the pictures I used on this page. I first drew the frame in pencil, outlined with a Copic Multiliner, erased pencil lines and water colored the images using ink from my SU ink pads. I've learned that I really need to stock up on my Reinkers because I just can't seem to get my colors as dark using just the pads. All images on this are from the new set Life's A Beach.
I took these pictures a couple of months ago. Kylie's school was having a Luau day so I picked up a bunch of things for her at the Dollar Tree that she could wear. And since they were at such a great price ;) I just had to get some extras for Kylie's friend next door (they are in the same class) and Chloe got some as well.

Close up. As always, I used lots of dimensionals. Which reminds me, I'd better pick up some more because I'm just about out lol!

Have a great day! It is gorgeous today and I'm sure the girls and I are going to spend most of the afternoon outside :)

4 comments:

Gail said...

What a great page!!! I love that you made some of the images pop ups.

Crystal said...

WOW this is AWESOME!!! LOVE the 3-d look!!! TFS!

Jessie/knightrone said...

ACKKKKK!! Totally cute!!

karen said...

WOW!
I have personally been a long time admirer of Sweet Sandra Sunshine's work. The page you creted from her card is awesome! I wish I could color like both of you!!