Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Stampbook Wednesday!

Welcome to another fun Stampbook Wednesday! It feels so good to get back in the game and add another page to my family scrapbook album :)


What is a Stampbook Page? A Stampbook Page is a scrapbook page created using stamps and inspired by a card. Each week I create a new Stampbook Page to give you ideas on how to use your stamps in a new way and hopefully inspire you to catch up on those family photos that you've been meaning to scrapbook ;)

This week's page was inspired by this card that I made a couple of weeks ago-
I also used today's sketch challenge posted at SCS. I just love this picture I took of the girls yesterday and knew that it was the picture I was going to use. You see, Kayla (our youngest) has been in her I-refuse-to-look-at-the-camera-or-smile-but-instead-will-frown-and-turn-my-head-away-from-the-camera phase and this is one of the few recent pictures where she is not only looking at the camera but is smiling and posing!!
The images are from the set Life's A Beach (which is expected to be back in stock in about 2 weeks for you Life's A Beach stalkers!) They are all colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended with OMS. This is my favorite coloring method right now because it is quick, simple and the results are so pretty.
Don't be afraid to use dimensionals in your Stampbook (or scrapbook ;) pages. It gives a lot of depth (well, I guess that is their job huh? lol!)
We spent another 3 hours of our evening yesterday at the river with our neighbors and had a great time. I was so proud of Kylie (our oldest) because she swam across the river and back twice! Of course she was in a life jacket and I was at her side the entire time but I was so proud of her :) Here is the beautiful sunset we came home to-
Just another day in paradise :)

3 comments:

Anita said...

Beautiful page! I know the feeling about getting good pictures of kids. My son has a scowl most of the time and ocasionally we sneak in a picture with his smile.

Jessie/knightrone said...

Totally gorgeous!! Your kids are absolute DOLLS!!

Julie said...

This is adorable! I absolutely LOVE that page! Your girls are TOO CUTE! :)