Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Busy, busy, BUSY!

I've got a ton of things that I'm working on both work-wise and craft-wise! I wanted to show you a project that I've been working on for the last couple of days that I'm hoping to finish up today. It's an advent box! I got this idea from one of the talented ladies from my stamping group. She made a gorgeous box and I just knew that I had to make one!

First off, I have to say a HUGE thank you to my wonderful friend Kelli! She is such a giving person and a ton of fun to hang out with. Not only did she let me totally raid her (amazing!) designer paper supply but she loaned me her Big Shot, Cricut, Matchbook Die and a ton of other things!! I told you, she's great :) And did I mention that she only lives a few minutes from me??? ;)

I will be using these advent boxes for something special for the girls. Instead of the traditional advent chocolate calendar that I grew up with, in each of the 'drawers' will be supplies for the girls to make their own ornaments to add to the small Christmas tree that their grammy is bringing them today. The ornaments will be simple punch outs with cut out stamped images that will just need to be colored and assembled and if they are really good, maybe a sprinkling of glitter ;). I did mention that I have three girls ages (almost) 4, 5, and 6 right?!? Quick and easy is always best lol!!

Pretty much all of the supplies to create this project were raided from Kelli's store... ahem.. I mean craftroom. This is just the beginning of the project. I first used the SU Matchbook die to cut out 24 boxes for each advent box. There are three. I am SO happy that I did not have to use my cuttlebug for all of those lol!! I adhered them all together first with red line tape and when that ran out I used my trusty Aileens glue :) The base and top were created by cutting a 5.5 in. piece of chipboard and covering it with a 6 in. piece of DP. Today I am hoping to finish adding the drawer pulls, 'legs' and decorate it. I still need to find some one who has the SU tree die cut so I can get a few of those made to add to the tops....

I'll make sure to show you guys the finished product when it is finally completed!


1 comment:

Michele Lourenco said...

WOW jesica.
i can't wait to see the final product but they sure are turning out lovely~