Sunday, May 30, 2010

New stamp sets now available!

Now available on the TSG Website:


I hope that you are all enjoying your weekends and taking some time to relax! I wanted to share this card that I made right when I got the set What's Up Buttercup? in my hot little hands :) I had thought of a new technique that I wanted to try out and I think it turned out rather pretty. For the flower, I stamped the image onto vanilla cardstock and embossed in white. I then used an embossing pen to color in the petals before lightly pouncing with shimmer chalks. I worked from petal to petal so that I didn't have to worry about the embossing pen drying before I had a chance to apply the chalk. I then added it to my simple card base with dimensionals. If you look at the sentiment, you will notice that it looks a little blurry. I stamped the sentiment first in a golden yellow before stamping again in black (off set a bit from the yellow so that it looks like a shadow). The simple elegance of the shimmery flower and CAS layout looks beautiful!
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love this clean look! Very pretty!!

Kim P said...

Gorgeous! Love the elegant yet CAS look