Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Father's Day Sketch

Happy Hump day! I know that I'm getting this post up a little late but like most of my projects, this card took a little longer than I had anticipated to finish :) This card was made for this week's sketch challenge over at SCS. I am so happy with the way that it turned out that this is going to be the card that I give Matt for Father's Day.

All images are from the new set Dadisms, stamped in Momento Tuxedo Black, colored with colored pencils and blended with OMS. There is a lot of layering going on in this scene but that's just how I roll :-D Some of the images (the curtains, lamp shade, chair, shirt & pants) were stamped onto various designer papers, cut out and paper pieced onto the image. I then used colored pencils to shade. All of the panels were stitched with my sewing machine to add more texture.

Although making these types of cards tends to be labor intensive, they are my favorite to create! To me it feels like I'm actually creating a piece of art instead of just making a card :)

6-10-10
Close up
6-10-102 copy
Inside
6-10-103
Thanks for stopping by everyone!

Card supplies:
Stamps- Dadisms
Ink- Momento Tuxedo Black
Paper- Kraft, Very Vanilla, various DP
Accessories- Prismacolor pencils, embossing folder, scallop corner punch, sewing machine, dimensionals, adhesive pearls, Nestabilities

6 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

Holy moly! You ROCK girlie! I am SO lucky to have such a talented friend! This is AWESOME!!!

Katie Skiff said...

Just a tad labor intensive...sheesh woman! It's very cool tho, and all the parts look planned out. Great job!

Anita said...

Stunning card! I love the colors.

Pam Varnell said...

WOWZERS girl there is so much going on with this card. Love every little detail. Awesome card.

Crystal said...

Oh my goodness this is totally AWESOME!! What a fab scene you created with these images..AWESOME!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is amazing girlie!!