Saturday, July 16, 2011

Domestic Goddess

Yay, the weekend is heeeeeeere! That means no more appointments for at least two days lol! I just finished another project yesterday that I just couldn't wait to share with you guys. I gotta admit, there has been more than one occasion when I've thought exactly what this domestic goddess is saying :D I have another scene planned out using the dad from Dadisms.

I used a total of 8 TSG stamp sets (see list below) on this 5x7 sized scene! All of the images were stamped onto Georgia Pacific cardstock (I prefer a thin cardstock with enough of a tooth for good blending when layering images), colored with Prismacolor pencils, blended with OMS, cut out and layered together using dimensionals before adhered to the main scene with dimensionals.

A couple of fun things I wanted to point out-
*Do you recognise the picture on the wall? The frame is from Home Sweet Home and the scene is actually from one of the windows included in the Once Upon A Time set!
*Take a close look at the laundry basket. In the process of layering all of the separate pieces together, I had the ridiculous idea of cutting out all of the holes in the basket with a craft blade. Gotta say, I think that it was worth the effort :)
*Instead of trying to cut out the telephone cord I decided to cut it off completely and used a textured nylon thread instead.
Domestic Goddess 
Stamps: Home Sweet Home, Welcome Home, Believe In You, Loads Of Fun, Domestic Goddess,She's A Lady, Puppy Love, Once Upon A Time
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black
Paper: DP scraps, Very vanilla, white cardstock
Accessories: Dimensionals, Prismacolor pencils, OMS

9 comments:

Piali said...

AWESome!!! Amazing...actually I don't have the perfect words for praise. OMG!! Can't even imagine how much effort & time you've put to create this wonderful masterpiece. When do you get the time to do this....You Rock!!!!

ChristineCreations said...

BWA ha ha! I totally can relate...what a hoot Jessica...and so beautifully pulled together. You are the master at creating a scene!

Anita said...

Wow! This is stunning! I love all the details. I have days like this too except I don't look as good as her.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOOOOOOW! This is a masterpiece! LOVE all the images--what a great scene!!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMGosh...you kill me! This is fan-freakin-tastic!!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

So impressive!!!!

Renee V said...

This is so amazing, your coloring rocks!

Crafty Math Chick said...

FANTASTIC Jessica!! What set is the poodle from? I am embarrassed that I do not recognize it...
~Meredith

Ali said...

Use fantastic color combination i really like it...
Scratch Card Printing
discount card printing
Membership card printing