Monday, March 26, 2012

TSG149 / It’s release week!

Release week is here and like always, the Trendsetters will be sharing some sneak peeks of the fabulous new stamp sets that will be released this Saturday! The official Blog Hop Challenges don’t start until tomorrow but head on over to the TSG Blog and you just may see that some of the Trendsetters used the new sets for this week’s TSG challenge Winking smile
Our challenge this week is this great sketch from our DT Coordinator Jessie Rone. I enjoyed this sketch because it gave me the opportunity play with a combination of designer papers which isn’t something that I usually do. I’m more of a clean and simple with layered images kinda girl lol.
Don’t forget to head on over to the TSG Blog for all the details about this challenge and to find out how you can win a TSG Gift certificate just by playing along!
TSG149
I made this card for Kylie’s music teacher who put together an AMAZING music performance! Every year he and his wife put so much hard work into the performances and this year was no different. The adorable musical was circus themed and as soon as the show was over, I just knew I had to make him a card using this image and sentiment from the new stamp set Jungle Out There. This set will be released this Saturday evening but you can see more samples using this set during the Blog Hop Challenge that will take place this Thursday on the TSG Blog!!
For the last few weeks, I’ve been playing around with my TwinTouch alcohol markers but I’ve gone back to using my Prismacolor pencils and I think that even though this coloring method might take a bit longer than markers, I prefer the look of them in my art work. Jungle Out There
Supplies-
Stamps: Jungle Out There (will be released this Saturday 3-31-12) 
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Paper: Lime Twist by MME, scraps from my stash, Vanilla, Early Espresso
Accessories: Corner Rounder, Sewing machine, Colored Pencils, Edge Distressor, Corduroy brads, dimensionals, Nestabilities, Natural colored twine from RibbonCarousel.com (colored with SU marker)

6 comments:

Mary J said...

That is AMAZING!! Totally love your fun make and such a brilliant take on that sketch!

Laurel said...

What a CUTE card!

Michele L. said...

love the sneak peek!

Candace said...

Oh my goodness...LOVE this, Jessica!!! The bright colors are so fun, and I love how you popped up the lion...so much dimension. Awesome card!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is WAY over the top AMAZING!!!

Marlena M. said...

Oh, this is DARLING! I love that lil'
lion.